The Operational Group Wood Sustainable Construction is developing the project “Smart tool for the selection of wood products for construction”, in which technical and environmental data will be incorporated into Spanish wood products. The Project aim is to demonstrate through environmental information the excellence of wood as a building material, in relation to the values associated with sustainability, and improve the presence and competitiveness in the markets of these wood products.
This project will make available to prescribers, agents of the forestry, construction, industrial and distributors sectors, a selector of wood products whose raw material is wood of national origin. One of the objectives is to promote a deeper knowledge of the material and improve its presence in the market.
Wood Sustainable Construction is led by PEFC Spain – Association for Spanish Forest Certification and the University of Córdoba, which exercises the technical coordination of the project.
To positionate the wood products for construction in the market for their technical and environmental values, promoting the value chain from the forest to the final consumer.
- Provide reliable technical information and data on wood products to facilitate prescription.
- Demonstrate through environmental information the excellence of wood as a building material in relation to the values associated with sustainability.
- Provide a tool for the transmission of information on the technical and environmental characteristics of wood products for construction.
Members of the Operating Group:
- Association for Spanish forestry certification PEFC SPAIN
- University of Córdoba (UCO)
- National Institute of Agricultural and Food Research and Technology (INIA)
- Eduardo Torroja Institute of Construction Sciences of the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC)
- Justified Search of Differentiation S.L. (BJD Services)
- BALIDEA Consulting & Programming S.L.
- AENOR INTERNACIONAL S.A.U.
- Spanish Wood Society
- Confederation of Forestry Organizations (COSE)
- MADERAS ABAD S.L.
On April 16 2019, the Resolution for the concession of financial support to execute projects by Operational Groups of the European Association for Innovation in Agricultural Productivity and Sustainability (AEI-AGRI) was signed, within the framework of the National Rural Development Program 2014-2020, for the year 2018. BDNS (IDENTIF.): 405133. FEADER HELP LINE 05046001 16 421 00 COOPERATION (ARTICLE 35).
In this way, the operating group “Sustainable Construction Wood” is awarded a grant of 495.066,74 € for the implementation of the innovation project “Smart tool for the selection of wood products for construction.” The amount of the project is co-financed at 80% by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and at 20% by funds from the General State Administration (AGE), as established in Royal Decree 169/2018, of 23 of March.
The General Direction for Rural Development and Forest policy is the managing authority responsible for the application of FEADER and national financial aid.
The National Rural Development Program 2014-2020 is regulated by Regulation (EU) No. 1305/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 17 December, on aid for rural development through the European Agricultural Development Fund Rural (EAFRD) and repealing Council Regulation (EC) 1698/2005. The subsidies granted correspond to sub-measure 16.2 of the Program, and contribute to the priorities and focal areas established in Article 5 of Regulation (EU) No 1305/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Content manager: Operational Group Wood Sustainable Construction