A Unit of an eminently scientific-technical nature where most of physical and chemical tests are centralized, outside the departments. It collaborates in carrying out Research Projects, both national and international, and with the rest of the Units, in the preparation of Reports and Opinions of a technical and technological nature.
This Unit provides services to both the IETcc’s own departments and to external clients (researchers from other centres, engineering companies, industries, construction companies, etc.).
- Physical-chemical characterization of building materials
- New building materials
- Materials for heritage rehabilitation
- Pathology and durability of building materials
- Atomic Force and Tunnelling Microscope (AFM/STM)
- Ion chromatography
- Sample preparation for instrumental techniques
- Transmission, Reflection and Polarization Optical Microscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Backscattered Electron Microscopy (BSE)
- MicroanalysisEnergy dispersive X-Ray Microanalysis (EDX)
- X-ray diffraction
- X-ray fluorescence
- Mercury intrusion porosimetry