Magazine founded in 1949 at the Instituto Técnico de la Construcción y del Cemento with the title Últimas avances en materiales de construcción. Bulletin of limited circulation (ISSN 1698-9333). In 1958 it was renamed Materiales de Construcción. Últimos avances (ISSN 0465-2746), published under its current name from 1974.
Materiales de Construcción is a quarterly publication in English, aimed at researchers, factory technicians and other professionals in the field of Building Materials Science and Technology. The articles published in the journal are mainly in the following thematic areas:
- Physio-chemistry of the formation processes of cements and other conglomerates.
- Cement and concrete. Components (aggregates, additives, additions, etc.) Behaviour and properties.
- Durability and corrosion of construction materials.
- Restoration and conservation of the materials of the monuments of the Patrimonio Histórico.
- Impact of the environment on the deterioration processes of construction materials.
- Use of waste and industrial by-products in construction.
- Manufacture and properties of other construction materials, such as: gypsum, lime, composite materials, polymers, recycling materials, stones, ceramics, glass, wood, etc.